Medical equipment is considered as one of the most sensitive imported goods that any negligence or lack of attention to customs laws will lead to unpleasant results for their importer. Currently, the clearance of medical equipment in Iran is carried out only from special customs, including Bandar Abbas Shahid Rajaei Customs, Imam Khomeini Airport Customs, Khorramshahr Customs and Imam Khomeini Port Customs. Carrying out affairs related to the clearance of medical equipment from customs is not an easy task and has its own complexities that the importer or his legal representative should be fully aware of them.
Gezdrazi Trading Group by preparing documents in an accurate and specialized manner, meets the needs of traders in the field of medical equipment clearance from customs in the fastest possible time. The medical equipment clearance process is similar to other goods, but in this article we will discuss the most important differences.
Required Documents for Medical Equipment Clearance from Customs
Providing the required documents is the first step in the process of medical equipment clearance from customs. Some of the most significant documents for the clearance of medical equipment from customs include:
- Medical equipment import permits from the Ministry of Health, Industry, Mine and Trade
- Providing documents related to the transportation of goods from the country of origin to the country of destination
- Documents related to storage, loading and unloading
- Proforma invoice
- Packing list
- Bank payment slips
Customs Tariff of Medical Equipment
The customs tariff of medical equipment depends on the number of imported goods, the type of goods, the use of the goods, etc., and it is not possible to accurately state the customs tariff of medical equipment, since every medical equipment that enters the customs has a customs tariff code according to its application and the clearance fee is determined based on that code. Some examples of customs tariffs for medical equipment include:
- The customs tariff for the clearance of equipment used in medical sciences, surgery, dentistry and equipment related to eye tests is included in row 9018
- The customs tariff for the clearance of electrocardiograph devices is placed in the row of 90181110 with 15% import duty
- The customs tariff for the clearance of ultrasonic scanning devices is placed in row 90181200 with 5% import duty
- The customs tariff for the clearance of MRI devices is placed in row 90181300 with 5% import duty
- The customs tariff for the clearance of the vital signs monitor device is placed in the row 90181911 with 20% import duty
- The customs tariff for the clearance of the pulse oximeter device for measuring the percentage of oxygen and the number of heart beats is placed in the row 90181920 with 15% import duty
The Most Important Condition for Medical Equipment Clearance from Customs
As previously mentioned, the import and clearance of medical equipment is not an easy task and it requires obtaining and providing documents that may be time-consuming and difficult to obtain. The most important and main condition for the clearance of this type of goods is obtaining a medical equipment import permit from the Ministry of Health, and this permit is issued only if the country of manufacture has used or is currently using the product. The certificate and document of this case must be seen by the General Administration of Medical Equipment. If the desired product has been sold or has a history of sale in Western Europe or the United States, you must obtain an EG certificate for the European market and an FDA certificate for the American market in order to submit it to the General Administration of Medical Equipment. It should be noted that only companies that are registered in the General Department of Medical Equipment are allowed to import goods and medical equipment to the country.
Medical Equipment Clearance Customs
Clearance of medical equipment is not possible from all Iranian customs and can only be done through customs such as Bandar Abbas Shahid Rajaei Customs, Imam Khomeini Airport Customs, Khorramshahr Customs, Imam Khomeini Port Customs, Abadan Customs, Urmia Customs and Sohlan Customs. In order to carry out the clearance process, the importer or his legal representative (trading company or clearing agent) must submit all the necessary documents such as proforma invoice, clearance permit, bill of lading, order registration form, inspection certificate, insurance policy, packing list, etc. to the desired customs. Imported medical equipment will be cleared after completing all administrative and customs procedures.
Importing Medical Equipment from Dubai
Dubai port of Emirates is one of the favorite ports of many Iranian merchants for importing medical equipment. Importing goods from Dubai, especially medical equipment, has attracted the attention of merchants in the field of importing goods. Medical equipment can be transferred very quickly due to the neighborhood of Iran and Dubai. In addition, the short distance from Dubai has a significant impact on the amount of transportation costs. The process of buying goods from countries that have sanctioned Iran is considerably easy in Dubai; that means you can buy embargoed goods in Dubai at almost their original price in Europe. It should be noted that, due to the low customs duties, the import of medical equipment from Dubai has a higher profit margin for traders and merchants.
Import of Medical Equipment in Gazdrazi Trading Group
Importing goods such as medical equipment from abroad requires acquiring complete information about the country of origin, being familiar with the technical and specialized information of the product, and obtaining an activity permit from the General Department of Medical Equipment of the Ministry of Health. Some of the services related to the import of medical equipment of Gezdrazi Trading Group include:
- Registering the birth certificate of the medical equipment company in the food and drug system
- Registering a foreign agency and receiving after-sales service approval from the General Administration of Medical Equipment
- Registration of medical equipment in the General Administration of Medical Equipment
- Carrying out tasks related to Irancode and getting GTIN code
- Conducting product testing in laboratories approved by the General Administration of Medical Equipment
- Consulting and implementation of the European CE standard
- Consultation and preparation of technical documentation of medical equipment file
- Consulting and obtaining IRC
- Consulting and obtaining medical equipment production license
- Registering the product order and obtaining the entry permit from the comprehensive trading system
- Registering declaration of medical equipment
- Consulting and obtaining a clearance permit by providing a minimum number of documents
Gazdrazi Trading Company with up-to-date and online information on customs regulations and violations, provides the necessary transparency and accountability in the affairs of customers without wasting time and spending additional costs, so that they can do their business with complete peace of mind.