From ancient times until now, various types of leather have been used to produce different goods and clothing. Considering that natural leather is an expensive product and working with it and maintaining it can be somewhat challenging, artificial leather has taken its place in the manufacturing industries.
Import of Goods at Gazdrazi Trading Company
If you are also involved in the field of trade and importation of artificial leather, or if you use it for producing your final products, you may have encountered difficulties in clearing artificial leather. Customs regulations and clearance conditions usually change continuously, and even if you have managed to clear your goods once, you may face challenges in subsequent occasions.
In this article, we aim to familiarize you with the clearance process of this commodity from customs. You can utilize Gezderazi Trade Services for timely and cost-effective clearance of various types of artificial leather. So, stay with us until the end.
Export and Import of Artificial Leather in Iran
As we mentioned, artificial leather has become a substitute for natural leather nowadays, and its usage in various manufacturing industries is expanding day by day. For this reason, we believe that the trade of artificial leather is prevalent worldwide, especially in Iran, and is considered one of the most profitable businesses for Iranian traders and merchants.
The leather industry in Iran has made good progress, which is why the import volume of this product is very insignificant compared to its exports in the country. Typically, leather imports are limited to purchasing specific types of artificial leather that are not produced domestically in Iran. You can import the following types of artificial leather from countries such as India, Turkey, China, and Germany to Iran:
- Vinyl artificial leather
- Polyurethane artificial leather
- Suede artificial leather
- Perforated artificial leather
- Verny leather
- Patterned artificial leather
- Shebalt artificial leather (a combination of artificial and natural leather)
read more: Dubai Customs Clearance
Introduction to the Artificial Leather Industry in Iran
Iran is one of the leading countries in the production and manufacturing of various leather products. This industry, using artificial leather, can produce high-quality and premium-grade leather goods. There are numerous Iranian companies and factories in different cities that engage in the production of artificial leather and its distribution in domestic and international markets.
Some international buyers of these products come from countries such as Turkey, Iraq, the United Arab Emirates, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, India, Morocco, and Azerbaijan.
How to Clear Artificial Leather from Customs?
To clear artificial leather from customs, you need to be familiar with its regulations. Additionally, for importing this type of leather, you must obtain relevant permits from various organizations. For instance, if you intend to use the imported artificial leather for human purposes, you need to obtain technical and currency clearance permits from the Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education. It is worth noting that polyurethane leather is one of the most well-known types of artificial leather used for human purposes.
read more: Documents Required for Goods Clearance
The process of customs clearance (if the product is artificial leather) should be carried out by the owner of the goods or their authorized representative. The following is an explanation of the procedure for clearing and importing artificial leather from Iranian customs:
1. Obtain a proforma invoice from the seller
2. Initiate the order registration process through the ntsw system
3. Request foreign currency allocation from the Central Bank
4. Prepare the purchase remittance
5. Arrange for the shipment and transportation of the goods to Iran
6. Obtain a clearance certificate from the shipping company and a warehouse receipt
7. Register the goods in the epl system and obtain a cottage
8. Determine the route
9. Deposit customs duties (import duties)
10. Deposit 4% advance payment of import taxes (if exempted, no payment is required)
11. Obtain a tracking code from the issuing bank
12. Issue an electronic permit
13. Calculate warehousing fees
14. Truck arrival and cargo loading
15. inspection of the goods by the customs exit gate department
16. Goods exit and delivery to the designated warehouse in the epl system
Note that for the clearance of various types of artificial leather, you must also obtain the product's identification code. If you need guidance in this regard, our experts at Gezderazi Trade Services are ready to provide you with consulting services.
Customs Tariff for Clearing Artificial Leather
One of the issues that many traders and importers of artificial leather are unclear about is how to determine the customs tariff for clearing the goods. The tariff depends on the type of artificial leather you intend to import.
1. The customs tariff code assigned to the clearance of artificial leather fabrics made from polyurethane or PU is 59032000. This code falls under commodity priority 26, and the import duty is 20%.
2. The customs tariff code assigned to the clearance of artificial leather fabrics made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is 59031000. This code also falls under commodity priority 26, and the import duty is 20%.
read more: Flask Clearance
Customs Clearance Services for Artificial Leather by Gezderazi Trading Company
As mentioned in this article, clearing artificial leather requires sufficient knowledge and extensive experience. Customs regulations in Iran may change daily, which is why if you personally attempt to clear your goods, you may encounter numerous difficulties. Many individuals, even after spending a significant amount of money and a considerable amount of time, are still unable to clear artificial leather from customs.
However, Gezderazi Trading Company has a shining track record in customs clearance for various goods, and they can handle the clearance of artificial leather from customs in a short period and at a minimal cost. For more information, get in touch with the experts at Gezderazi.